Instagram is the ideal social media platform for jewelers to grow their businesses. With its focus purely on image-based marketing, jewelry brands were made to excel on Instagram. So if your jewelry business isn’t yet on IG, now’s the perfect time to get started!
Instagram for Businesses
Instagram knows the power that businesses bring to the table, which is why they created a business profile, which is different from a normal IG profile. With a business profile, you can gain incredible insights into how your marketing efforts are doing, add an e-commerce button directly on your profile and posts, guide potential customers to your store and more. With over 25 million businesses already utilizing IG business accounts, and over 200 million Instagrammers visiting at least one business profile a day, the answer seems clear. Get your jewelry business on Instagram!
Boost Engagement and Grow Your Following
- Once you’ve set up your business profile, the next step is to start posting those incredible jewelry pics you’ve been taking and grow your following. But how? Here are some tips on how to improve your Instagram profile and convert those followers into buyers:
Create Your Look. Your Instagram account should reflect your business’ look and feel in both photos and style. Yes, there are lots of fun filters to experiment with on IG, but leave that to the amateurs. Your page should look professional and consistent. Choose a style and stick to it.
- Start Using Hashtags #. If you’re not familiar with the art of hashtags for marketing, you definitely need to start brushing up on your hashtag culture. Instagram thrives on Hashtags! Implementing hashtags are one of the best ways to help you stand out and gain new followers. You can now even follow hashtags as if they were people! Just be sure to choose hashtags that are relevant to your photos and your audience so when they search - they find you!
- Always Have a CTA (Call To Action). It might sound a little odd at first, adding CTA’s to your Instagram posts, but remember you are there to sell. Selling on IG is no different than selling on any other platform - you are telling your followers exactly what you want them to do.
CTA’s can be various actions, such as writing in the caption, “ Tag a friend who’s looking for... “ or “double tap your favorite”, which results in a like. These are light CTA’s that can be added to any caption.
You can also place the CTA directly inside the image with Instagram’s e-commerce See. Tap. Shop. feature. This gives you the ultimate converting opportunity to turn followers into buyers.
(Click here to see full video)
- Post at the Best Times. Knowing when your customers are most likely to see your posts is a crucial part of posting on Instagram. If you are randomly posting, you will receive random responses, and that’s not a result you’ll be happy with.
There are many tools and research available on when you should be posting, so don’t leave your business up to chance. According to a Social Sprout 2018 Industry Report, the best and worst times to post on Instagram, specifically for the jewelry business are:
- The best times to post on Instagram for consumer goods is Saturday at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Wednesday tends to see the most consistent engagement throughout the week.
- Monday is the least engaged day for consumer goods on Instagram (likely catching up on work and spending less time shopping online).
- Add Instagram Stories into the Mix. Instagram Stories have become extremely popular in the past few months, especially considering Instagram’s new algorithm. Adding fun and interesting videos to your stories can help engage your younger demographics, not to mention boost your regular post engagement.
Instagram is continuously adding new features to their Stories layout, such as polls, referring viewers to your bio, landing pages, and more. This is your chance to show your creative side and take advantage of the 24-hour window your Story will show.
We hope these 5 tips have inspired you to get your jewelry business on Instagram and start gaining those new customers! And for more social media tips and tricks, join the conversation on our Facebook page: Jewelers Conquering the Digital World.
Join the conversation: What types of Instagram posts and content are most successful for your business? Share your experience on our exclusive, jewelers only Fb group.